Level 4 Higher Level Teaching Assistant Qualification (HLTA)
Support the upskilling of your support staff through this nationally recognised qualification, designed to prepare experienced Teaching Assistants in fulfilling teaching duties such as that of PPA Cover etc.
This fantastic qualification seeks to build resilience in your school teaching provision and add capacity for your pupils. The Level 4 Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) qualification promotes some of the latest pedagogy based upon research into the key components of great teaching.
From behaviour strategies to active learning – our pupils deserve nothing less than the very best!
What topics does the course cover?
• Insight into research highlighting the key ingredients that make ‘great teaching’, so to inform your practice.
• Effective behaviour management strategies to compliment your current repertoire of skills and techniques.
• Active classroom approaches to support pupil engagement and learning.
• How to effectively differentiate and be inclusive for all ability levels.
• Introductions to the latest ICT platforms to support EdTech in your school.
Expand your earning potential or even make the future jump to qualified teacher status (QTS). Let the Level 4 HLTA course be your springboard to a successful career.
Courses are led by our experienced team of educational experts and hosted locally across the region. Those enrolling must complete a minimum of 50 hours work/work placement and hold a minimum of level two in literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
Unit 1: Understand the Higher Level Teaching Assistant role
Unit 2: Child Development and Welfare
Unit 3: Awareness of Special Educational Needs
Unit 4: Promoting Positive Behaviour in Children and Young People
Unit 5: Providing Supporting for Individual Learners & Small Groups
Unit 6: Developing Skills to Promote Positive Working Relationships
Unit 7: Curriculum Planning, Delivery and Assessment